Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thoughts on Dance-inspired technology, technology-inspired dance

One thing I had not really given much consideration to before reading this was the audience's perspective. As the author says, "designers of interactive dance must not only design for the dancers’ interaction with the interactive media, but must equally consider the intent of the choreography and how the dance will be experienced by the audience." When working on such short paced projects, it is difficult to see beyond the dancer. What I mean by that is that since dance is such a new medium for me, I use a lot of my effort trying to see how my technology can augment the dancer. However, I haven't really thought much about how the work as a whole is experienced by the audience. One of my goals with computer science is to focus on the user, but hopefully for the final project I will not only see the dancer as the user, but also the audience.

No comments :

Post a Comment