Sunday, March 31, 2013

Final project progress update 1

Now that we have formed an idea we are all pleased with, it was time to get to work! We met up with Morgan to learn Arduino. After a bit of tinkering and programming, we were able to successfully hook up an accelerometer and get meaningful data, which really made me think that we could complete this project. On Wednesday, I started learning Max and how to actually generate sound programatically. Working with Morgan, we were able to actually control some of the elements of the sound though UDP on my phone. Max is not as difficult as I thought it was going to be, and again the early success was very encouraging.

We also added Alex to our group! I am very excited to have him working with us and I think the experience he brings and passion he has for microprocessors will be very valuable for us.

I had an idea to solve our problem about not having enough input on the Arduino board. I found an Android app that takes data from the phones sensor and sends it to Max. It includes orientation  an accelerometer, and a digital compass. If we simply put the phone in a pocket on her costume, we could use an Android phone to free up some spots on our board. I'll pitch this to the group in class tomorrow!

No comments :

Post a Comment